Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 Singapore Movies

Feature Films


I Not Stupid Too - Jack Neo, Jan
Click here to read my review.

Zodiac: The Race Begins - Edward Fu, Jan
Click here to read my review.

Smell of Rain - Gloria Chee, Feb (Picturehouse Opening FilmFest), Aug (Arts House)

Click here to read my review.
Click here to read the Meet-the-Cast-and-Crew-Session.

Teaser


Trailer


Singapore Gaga - Tan Pin Pin, Mar-May

Click here to read my review.
Click here to read a Tan Pin Pin article in Criticine on the journey undertaken to get Singapore GaGa screened

The Art of Flirting - Kan Lume, Apr (19th SIFF)

Click here to read my review.
Click here to read my interview with director Kan Lume.
Click here to read my second review of The Art of Flirting.
Click here to read the proceedings of the screening.

Singapore Dreaming - Colin Goh, Woo Yen Yen, Apr (19th SIFF), Sep (General Release)
** Winner, Montblanc New Screenwriters Award, 54th San Sebastian Film Festival **
**Winner, Best Asian-Middle Eastern Film Award, 20th Tokyo International Film Festival**

Click here to read my review.
Click here to read my second review.
Click here to read an interview with the directors Woo Yen Yen and Colin Goh, or here to access the interview directly.

Teaser


Trailer


Love Story - Kelvin Tong, Apr (19th SIFF, Best Director Award Recipient), May (General Release)

Click here to read my review.

Trailer


We are Family - Clifton Ko Chi Sum, Jun
Click here to read my review, courtesy of movieXclusive.

Unarmed Combat - Han Yew Kwang, Jun (General Release, Cine.SG Selection)

Click here to read my review.

Teaser


Trailer


4:30 - Royston Tan, Apr (19th SIFF), Jun (General Release)

Click here to read my review.
Click here to read an interview with Royston Tan.

Trailer


S11 - Gilbert Chan & Joshua Chiang, Aug

Click here to read my review.
Click here to read the review co-written with Richard.
Click here to read an interview with the directors Gilbert Chan and Joshua Chiang, or here to access the interview directly.

Teaser


Trailer


The High Cost of Living - Leonard Lai, Aug

Click here to read my review.
Click here to read my review at movieXclusive.

Trailer


Passabe - James Leong, Lynn Lee, Aug (Cine.SG Selection)
Click here to read my review.

A Hero's Journey - Grace Phan, Aug (Cine.SG Selection), Dec (Asian Festival of First Films)
Click here to read my review.

Becoming Royston - Nicholas Chee, Dec (Asian Festival of First Films)

Click here to read my review.

Trailer



Straight to VCD/DVD


Dragon Eye Congee - Allen Chang
Click here to read my review.
House of Harmony - Marco Serafini
Sorry, Teacher - ?


Cine Singapore


The National Museum will be presenting a celebration of Made-in-Singapore feature films since 1985, screened weekly at its Gallery Theatre.

Tentative Dates are
June 5-18, 21, 28
July 5, 12, 19, 26
Aug 2, 9, 14-27, 30
Sep 6, 13, 20, 27

Good chance to revisit older films like Army Daze, Forever Fever, Medium Rare and the likes, even though I have seen them already.

Here are some of the movies I caught during Cine.SG

Akan Datang... or you can join me by checking out the schedule at Cine.SG!

3rd Singapore Short Cuts


Click here for the 2nd week's shorts and proceedings.
Click here for the 3rd week's shorts and proceedings.
Click here for the 4th week's shorts and proceedings.
No Day Off (40 min short) - Eric Khoo (4th Week Highlight)

Made in Singapore Shorts Found on YouTube - As compiled by dgital

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...